Cornell Chordials - Smash

All things Recorded A Cappella Review Board.

Cornell Chordials - Smash

Postby ajg55 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 am

Just wanted to give major thanks to our reviewers - we will definitely consider the constructive comments given to us as we begin to work out our upcoming repertoire and next album (which we should start recording around May).

I pushed early on to step away from the "wall of sound" techniques used on Arrival and bring the focus more to the arrangements on this CD, as I feel like the ability to pick out distinct parts and voice qualities makes for a more engaging listening experience. This is really just a personal preference, and I'm interested to see what the general consensus is on the forum with respect to the production qualities of Smash vs. Arrival. Has anyone here had a chance to listen to the CD? Was that goal accomplished?

And I also want to second what the reviewers said about our female soloists on this album - I am consistently in awe of their abilities w.r.t. capturing emotion in addition to all of the technical aspects. Some of these solos are way beyond collegiate in my opinion.
ajg55

Return to RARB