Thanks for the review guys!

All things Recorded A Cappella Review Board.

Thanks for the review guys!

Postby loz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 am

Just a quick note to say thanks to John, Kim and Thomas for their thorough reviews of our Home Brew disc.

The lads and I are currently in Taiwan, having just taken second place in our first international competition against several other groups we thought were sensational, so we feel like our stage act is getting to a good international standard.

For you guys, who have your fingers right on the pulse of the international recording scene, to end up giving HB a 4/5, it really gives us a feeling that we can get up to scratch in the studio if we pull our fingers out and put some more thought into our arrangements and production on the next CD. It's all a learning process eh?

So yeah, cheers, we appreciate the time and advice you guys have put in. Beers are on us if you ever come by Melbourne.

Aussie a cappella: http://www.suade.net

loz

Postby colton » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:48 am

You're welcome. Thanks for the thanks.

It was an interesting split of overall scores: 3, 4, and 5. Apparently the natural style clicked for me, but was off-putting for Kimmie Sailor. At any rate, it's good to have multiple viewpoints.

P.S. The chickens really cracked me up! :-)
colton
RARB
RARB

Postby loz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:15 pm

We were expecting to get our arses kicked, having heard some of the other stuff that's out there - I think Kimmie's criticisms are fair. We'll take it all on board for the next time we start recording. The good thing about doing everything ourselves is that you never take a backwards step, you're always learning and building.

As for the chickens, they made the ultimate sacrifice. We presented a signed copy of the CD to the Chinese guy at the chook shop. He's probably had to default on his yacht payments since we stopped coming in every day!

Aussie a cappella: http://www.suade.net

loz

Postby uscpossum » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

Such a good attitude, guys. I'm glad I got to review your work!
Kimberly Raschka Sailor
RARB Editor-in-Chief
ICCA/ICHSA Adjudicator
uscpossum
RARB
RARB

Return to RARB