Duke Pitchforks - All In

All things Recorded A Cappella Review Board.

Duke Pitchforks - All In

Postby matthewnym » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:13 pm

On behalf of the Duke Pitchforks, I want to thank Thomas King, Michael Marcus, and Nick Anderson-Frey for their thoughtful and complimentary reviews of the group's latest release, All In. This album was a labor of love for former Music Director KC Steedle ('10) and for me as well in a different way. The album was being mastered and going to print (with many pitfalls and crises in the process) during the week of my wedding. So this is one album I'll personally never forget.

I also want to thank the reviewers personally for their kind reception to Agnus Dei. I envisioned the track as a kind of senior thesis for my four years in the group, and I'm pleased that the final product came out as well as I imagined in my head. And that leads of course to the group's eternal thanks to Dave Sperandio, who, true to his word, indeed makes us all sound like we do in our heads. Aside from his ordinary superhuman production efforts, he was also helping us out at the end stages of production while preparing to leave for his own honeymoon, and his professionalism and dedication during that time was indescribable.

We hope everyone who has heard All In has enjoyed it, and want to remind everyone who hasn't heard it that All In as well as the group's prior 3 albums (Honestly, Bring It Back, and Disconcert) are available on iTunes through A Cappella Records. Just search for The Pitchforks. And be on the look out for a new single coming out in a few weeks, previewing the next album from the current group.
Evan Wisser
The Pitchforks of Duke University '05-'09
Music Director '06-'09
Album Producer '07-'09
matthewnym

Re: Duke Pitchforks - All In

Postby dave sperandio » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks, Evan. It's been a distinct pleasure to work with the Forks over these last 5 (and a half!) albums, and to watch the leadership grow and evolve even well-past their tenure in the group. "All In" was a blast to work on with MDs new and old, along with the ever-paunchy Ed Boyer.

To all: please support the group by purchasing their music

About Me Diovoce Studios CASA Board of Directors

dave sperandio

Postby colton » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:05 am

dave sperandio wrote:To all: please support the group by purchasing their music

Looks like you can save $1 by buying All In on amazon instead of on itunes. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... n+&x=0&y=0
colton
RARB
RARB

Postby dave sperandio » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 am

Amazon to iTunes isn't an ... erm ... apples to apples comparison, but good to know all the same!

About Me Diovoce Studios CASA Board of Directors

dave sperandio

Postby aekoutzoukis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 am

dave sperandio wrote:Amazon to iTunes isn't an ... erm ... apples to apples comparison, but good to know all the same!

can you elaborate? i, personally, would tend to gravitate toward 256kbps (CBR, or higher VBR) mp3s from amazon over 256kbps (CBR) aac-encoded files from itunes. both are DRM-free at this point, so that's comparable, and technically speaking the bit rate is high enough that quality should be indistinguishable from each other, so why not take the dollar discount?

Alexander Koutzoukis Plaid Productions Owner / Producer / Engineer Tufts Beelzebubs 2005-2010 | MD 2007-2008 | Historian 2009-2010 bubs.com designer/webmaster [url=http://www.twitter.com/aekoutzoukis]Personal Twitt

aekoutzoukis

Postby colton » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:08 pm

aekoutzoukis wrote:can you elaborate? i, personally, would tend to gravitate toward 256kbps (CBR, or higher VBR) mp3s from amazon over 256kbps (CBR) aac-encoded files from itunes. both are DRM-free at this point, so that's comparable, and technically speaking the bit rate is high enough that quality should be indistinguishable from each other, so why not take the dollar discount?

Plus amazon downloads now get put on "the cloud" for free for you automatically, so any device you have with access to the internet can play the album. And you don't have to interact with iTunes/Apple, another big plus for me.
colton
RARB
RARB

Return to RARB