Voices in Your Head - I Used to Live Alone

All things Recorded A Cappella Review Board.

Voices in Your Head - I Used to Live Alone

Postby rishel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

On behalf of Voices in Your Head, thanks so much to Jonathan, Robert, Nick, and the rest of the RARB staff for your valuable feedback on our album! We knew a lot of what we were trying to accomplish with this album was risky (and certainly was unknown territory for us), so we're delighted to hear that you guys liked it. We're already hard at work on our next project (details to come later, but for now let's just say it will be very cover-deficient...), and can't wait to share our new music with everyone!

I'd also like to extend a special thanks to Bill Hare for welcoming me into his studio, home, and family while he mixed and mastered the album. The opportunity to watch him work and talk with him to try and understand what he listens for and prioritizes while mixing was invaluable, and is definitely an experience I'll never forget!

For anyone wanting to check out the album, it's available on iTunes (also in a deluxe edition which includes the "instrumental" tracks), and you can find physical copies at a-cappella.com.

Chris Rishel http://chrisrishel.com/ University of Chicago Voices in Your Head [url=http://pritzker.uchicago.edu/jointdegrees/mstp/index.shtml]The University of Chicago Medical Scientist Training Program[

rishel

Re: Voices in Your Head - I Used to Live Alone

Postby nicodemus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:51 pm

I've gotta say, since it's been a while between writing the review and the album I was a little surprised to see I'd given it a 4. I still agree with everything I wrote in the review, of course, but my general impression of the album and my subsequent impression were so positive that I really think it deserves a 5. But i think the album's weighted score is the most accurate representation, so maybe it's all for the best.
Nicholas Anderson-Frey
RARB Reviewer
nicodemus
RARB
RARB

Return to RARB