To find an arrangement...

In “theory”, you could “arrange” to have your discussions here.

To find an arrangement...

Postby Jordan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm looking for an arrangement or two, and - quite honestly - am finding little on the 'net. I'm in a barbershop chorus, and am writing a show that requires some recent music. Seeing as most of the in-house charts are from the turn of the wrong century, I was hoping someone here might have an all-male arrangement of one of these songs that would be willing to share.

Bad Day (Daniel Powter)
Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
Fireflies (Owl City)
So What (Pink)
Rhythm of Love (Plain White Tees)
Firework (Katy Perry)
I got a Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
Closing Time (Semisonic) (I actually only need the first verse, no chorus)
Forever Young (Alphaville)

You can see why I might not find this in a barbershop library, but we've got younger members who would like to sing stuff popular in this century (at least from time to time). Bonus points for arrangements without VP!

Note on the legal side: I can obtain necessary copyright releases/make appropriate payment to the holders directly for the copies we need, and could probably arrange a small honorarium for the arranger to send me a master/reproducible chart.

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

Founder / Director - King's Post

Director - Blacksburg Middle School TiTones

Jordan

Re: To find an arrangement...

Postby Jchopak » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Check out betteracappella.com for these. A bunch of these songs are aca-favorites so you shouldn't have much trouble getting at least a handful of them through arrangers on that site.

Josh Chopak Music Director, F&M Chessmen (2010-present) Manager, WHS Town Criers (2007-2010) Liquid 5th Productions CASA Ambassador, PA CARA Nominator/Judge chopak@liquid5th.com

Jchopak

Postby Jordan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 am

That's a fabulous resource, not least because many arrangements have links to youtube so you can get a quick idea of how the arrangement sounds. Thanks!

Founder / Director - King's Post

Director - Blacksburg Middle School TiTones

Jordan

Postby dhoom » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:18 am

I did a medley of Family Matters, Step by Step, and Full House for my college group about 4 years ago if you're interested. ceegersmello at hotmail dot com
Are you worried about mcts certification prep and University of Advancing Technology Check out our latest resources for ccna braindump and You tube questions for practice with definite guarantee of cisco training.
dhoom

Postby ceegers » Fri May 15, 2015 11:55 am

o.O That's really odd, because that's my old email and I did arrange that... did I post this on some other thread, or where in the world did that post come from?!?!?

Edit: oh, yup, found it, something I posted 3.5 years ago :P

C.J. Smith Hempfield HS R# founder/director 03-05 U. of Hartford Hawkapella 05-09 Currently doing many musical things that do not include a cappella groups :-( :-(

ceegers

Return to Vocal Music