Welcome Back!

From gear to techniques to finished song, it’s all here.

Welcome Back!

Postby billhare » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 pm

This forum used to be a daily habit - I still think I have the most posts, so I'd better keep it up!

New news coming up soon, after Soup to Nuts this coming week!

Bill Hare Some dude who records and mixes people who can't play instruments. http://www.dyz.com

billhare

Re: Welcome Back!

Postby masinick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 am

Hey Bill, thanks. Question for you...

My group has recently recorded a song. I've done the editing and I'm happy with the way the raw files sound.

I have a degree in audio engineering and a pretty good ear (I think) and I just can't seem to get past the editing process into mixing. I know that it takes years and years to figure out what filters, effects, EQs to use, but I was hoping I'd be able to do better than I have done so far. I don't expect it to be perfectly mixed and ready for prime time release (we'd hire YOU for that), but I expected to at least be happy with the results.

Do you have some basics that you use for starting points for songs that you are looking to mix? The song is a "rock" song with a slower feel in parts. lead guy, 3 background guys, one background girl, and VP.

What are the must haves? EQ each voice separately? Gate? Compressors (where in the chain?)? Reverb style? how to use a chorus effect without it sounding robotic?

I've played with it for 3-4 nights now, started over a few times, and I just can't get anything I'm satisfied with. Thanks!
masinick

Postby sarakhan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:54 am

I think I'm going to build myself a small home recording studio - utilizing my home office and a small closet in the office that would double perfectly for a recording booth. My intentions are to record my own arrangements (not necessarily in their entirety) so I can get better quality samples online and perhaps one day make parts files for groups that are my voice instead of a piano track.
You can easily check out our best quality six sigma green belt certification exam dumps prepare you well for the real istqb advanced You can also get success in real exam of Testking with the quality www.goucher.edu questions
sarakhan

Postby zoraya » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:08 am

Se desabrocha la cremallera y se baja un poco los pantalones pero tú se los sostienes con tus manos para que no se caigan. Por supuesto está ya completamente duro y empuja su cuerpo contra el tuyo con violencia. Te aprieta tanto contra la puerta que parece que trates de coger aire aunque en realidad esa expresión que tienes es de placer, aunque no dejas de sonreír. Me siento molesto porque estés gozando tanto con otro pero sólo un momento. Tú me miras entonces y me sonríes. Luego pierdes la sonrisa por el placer que te descompone. Él no deja de besarte el cuello y los pechos.
zoraya

Return to Recording