A question about sound

Live tech: We’ve got this room EQ’d just for you.

A question about sound

Postby tjhartwell14 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi everyone; I have a basic contemporary a cappella question. One of my college groups is looking to purchase wireless microphones/speakers/monitors for our performances and for our rehearsals so we have equipment that we don't have to borrow/rent. Could I get recommendations on what equipment works well? We're a group of 14-18, and do lots of very modern sounding music - lots of vocal percussion and effects, we play with dubstep now and then, lots of individual mics, so on and so forth - pretty typical for a group these days. Thanks!
tjhartwell14

Re: A question about sound

Postby lenatsider » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Conventional wired microphones convert sound into an electrical audio signal that is
sent to the sound system through a cable. Live music stages that are crowded with
cables from microphones for vocals, guitars, drums and other instruments can
become a snake pit of overlapping wires.
Wireless microphones convert audio signals created by microphones into radio
signals, which are sent by a transmitter through the air to a receiver. The receiver
converts the radio signals back into audio signals which are then sent through the
sound system. They eliminate the need for cables, so you’re no longer tethered to a
sound system or tripping through messy performing environments.
With continuous technological advances and improvements in sound quality and
reliability, wireless microphones are more affordable and popular than ever. Their
potential uses go far beyond the stage. You can find wireless microphones in exercise
studios, schools, houses of worship, presentation halls – anywhere a performer or
presenter wants true freedom of movement

Source: Cheap essay writing service
lenatsider

Return to Tech Booth