www.piratesfanproshop.com

Got something to say?

www.piratesfanproshop.com

Postby panxing18 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm

WEST PALM BEACH Sean Rodriguez Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Washington first baseman Ryan Zimmerman is feeling sick, delaying his debut in exhibition games.“He came in today to see a doctor but I sent him home,” manager Dave Martinez said Wednesday. “I’m not going to take a chance with him, put him out there and let him get one or two at bats.”Zimmerman saw most of his spring training action last year in minor league games on the back fields, and he appeared in only one big league exhibition. The 34-year-old has played in more than 115 gahim out there on the field playing defense,” Martinez said. “I really thought that you need to be on the field, you need to move around, you need to play defense.”Zimmerman had 13 homers and 51 RBIs in 85 games last year. He has a .279 career average with 264 homers in 14 seasons with the Nationals.“You’re getting your legs and your body used to getting ready for every pitch, running to first base when there’s a ground ball,” Zimmerman said. “I think that’s a huge difference.”Martinez said Zimmerman could be in the lineup Friday against Miami.“All his workouts are good Roberto Clemente Jersey ,” Martinez said. “He’s been running the bases, actually been running the bases on his own, quite a bit.”Catcher Yan Gomes missed a day before the start of spring training games, and catching prospect Spencer Kieboom isn’t 100 percent. MIAMI (AP) — The Miami Marlins‘ home run sculpture is outta here.The team won county permission Tuesday to move the kitschy, widely disliked Red Grooms sculpture out of Marlins Park to the plaza outside the ballpark. The vote was a victory for Marlins CEO Derek Jeter, who caiered standing room-only area for spectators.The colorful, mechanical sculpture moved when a Marlins player hit a homer and will continue to do so. It also will move at 3:05 p.m. — Miami’s area code is 305 — on game days, and perhaps after victories.Loria, who sold the Marlins a year ago, commissioned the $2.5 million sculpture for the opening of Marlins Park in 2012. Traditionalists like Jeter — a former New York Yankees shortstop — tended to dislike it Bill Mazeroski Jersey , while supporters found the pop art very Miami.Grooms opposed moving the artwork. But Miami-Dade County’s Art in Public Places board voted unanimously to approve the Marlins’ plan.“We appreciate the support and collaboration for our proposal from the county and the Art in Public Places trust,” the Marlins said in a statement. They added the new location “will allow the piece to be enjoyed year round in a more public-facing manner.”Loria didn’t respond to a phone message requesting comment.
panxing18

Return to General Chat