Finale Printing

Got something to say?

Finale Printing

Postby cooper » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:49 pm

Can someone fill me in on how to reduce the size of staves not only while viewing them on the screen, but also when printing them? I am trying to fit more stuff on one page but I don't know if the application will let me. Is it possible to reduce to the complete size so that if 2 staves were taking up the upper half of the page, now 4 could or 8? It is getting obnoxious to print out pages of music that have lot's of info on them, but only about 4 to 6 staves on each page :(
Thanks
Cooper Cerulo
----------------------
Music Director, Hyannis Sound
cooper

Postby sparkleytone » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:04 pm

Using the page layout tool, you can resize your staves. I generally choose 85% of the original. Then you can just click and drag more staves onto a page.

Beware tho, as anything you have entered using the text tool will not get moved.

edit: if you want 8 staves on a page, its going to be unreadable.
Brent Stephens, BAMF
sparkleytone

Postby dekesharon » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:18 pm

When you're in page layout view, first change the percentage - what you're looking for will be between 65-85%.

Next, just to be safe, "apply note spacing" in the mass mover tool - to make sure words aren't colliding.

Then, "update layout" - which will fit more measures in each stave.

Finally, if you have room for more than the number of staves defaulted on each page, you can go back to the page layout tool and select staves, dragging 'em up the page, until they're as close as possible. If there's lots of room at the bottom of one page and the next page's staff isn't jumping there, go to the next page - you'll probably find that staff is not all the way to the top of that page - just drag it to the top of the second page, and if it can fit on the first, it'll appear there, and the following staff will take its place at the top (you can easily tell each staff by the bold number to the left).

It's quite easy, but might sound confusing until you try it - then it'll become second nature.

- Deke Sharon • 800.579.9305 • http://www.dekesharon.com

dekesharon

Postby Brojo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:02 pm

I would suggest coming up with a template to use that will fit three 5- or 6-staff systems on a page. (I try to stick with a 5-staff format, though.)

The way I have my template set up, I get 3 systems on per page with the least amount of excess space possible. I just messed with staff spacing (staff tool pull-down menu), page margins (page layout pull-down menu), and staff margins (also page layout) until I got it to work.

I never have to go below 80% this way, which is still very readable.

Hope that helps.
Brojo
RARB
RARB

Re: Finale Printing

Postby DevinHarber » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 am

The process is quite simple when you understand to operate the page layout tool. The paper cheap reviews can help you go through the process. But, I do not think that it is such a complicated procedure.
DevinHarber

Return to General Chat