The Sing-Off: Season 4

Got something to say?

Postby brian michaels » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

When do we find out what groups will be competing?

Brian Michaels Host of The A Cappella Hour Radio Show

brian michaels

Re: The Sing Off 2013

Postby acappellafan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 am

Tuesday, if you happen to be in LA with tickets to the next taping... Beyond that, past years have held out until shortly before the show aired.

Joel Levitz, SoCal CASA Ambassador SoCal CASA Embassy

acappellafan

Postby kristineslipson » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Who's ready for December? October and November would't mind just speeding up a bit, right?
Scenic Root (Director, VP) '13-today
Voxel Rox (Sop) '11-'13
The Lounge Lizards at UC Davis (Sop) '07-'10
kristineslipson

Re: The Sing-Off: Season 4

Postby Amy Malkoff » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Stay tuned to casa.org for exclusive content, blogs, etc...

Amy Malkoff http://www.amymalkoff.com/harmony CASA (Contemporary A Cappella Society) Program Manager + Director of Web Content - http://www.casa.org Judge - ICCA, ICHSA, Harmony Sweepstakes, etc.

Amy Malkoff

Postby kristineslipson » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:16 pm

So, we know 1/10th of the competitors... any guesses on the rest?
Voxel Rox (Sop) '11-'13
kristineslipson

Postby kristineslipson » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:37 pm

TSO Story Time With Kristine: Episode 1 (Part One)

First of all, I was super excited to make the attempt to go to every single taping this year!! I went to about half of last season, and I regretted not going to more of them. This season, I was determined. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I had surgery on my foot right before taping began. This meant I was on medical leave from Disney for the entirety of the show, which meant no scheduling conflicts on taping days! The only bad part was having to get around the lot on crutches and shamelessly climbing up the steps to our seats. For the Ep1 taping, I was still in a bit of discomfort- it was difficult to sit up and not keep my foot elevated for most of the day like I was used to at that point. I sucked it up, and boy was it worth it!! I was so excited to find out who was on the show.

So, to cut a long story short(er), we got into the studio and Dukes (1iota, the seat-filler company) helped us get to what turned out to be the best freaking seats in the house- but you'll have to wait until December 9th to find out why ;-) Anyways, while we were waiting for the rest of the house to get loaded with enthusiastic audience members, Rob Dietz came over to chat with us. That's when I first found out who was on the show. I've been holding this information for so long, it's crazy that the day is finally here!!

Rob listed off the groups and explained a bit about them as Tom and I kinda freaked out over some of the contestants. Check them out:

Element: Yay, Jo and Rachel!! I kinda figured out Jo was on thanks to her cryptic social media posts, and I had my guesses about Rachel, too- the usual social media queen was awfully quiet for once. :-P

Footnotes: Not familiar with them, but gotta love all male college groups, right?
(Yes, Disney friends, THOSE Footnotes... remember when they came to sing for Tiana? I so wish I could have told you all sooner!! It made me super happy that so many of you were super excited about that video)

AcoUstiKats: Not familiar with this group, either, but I'll happily take more silly college boy groups lol.

VoicePlay: OMG. So basically, I nearly jumped out of my seat when Rob said they were on the show. VOICEPLAY!!! Gahhhhhh!!!!!!! I freaking love them- you have no idea. They opened for m-pact in LA about a year ago, and I was an instant fan. They're from Florida (multiple current and former Disney AGVAs in this group), and I was so happy I got to see them again! So, soooooo happy!! Love love love them. Did I mention I was a VoicePlay fan?!? ...So, I'll admit, I was skeptical when I found out they added a girl to the group, but I was willing to give Honey a shot. Again, more on that after Episode 1 airs!!

The Filharmonic: I wasn't familiar with this particular group, but we recognized VJ! Yay, more people we know!! (We = Tom Keyes and our other usual TSO taping-goers lol)

Home Free: When Rob mentioned them, this time it was Tom's turn to jump. Tom exclaimed, "THE Home Free?!?" Yup, that's the one! I had heard of them before, but didn't know too much about them. They weren't always a country group- that was a recent change. Tom and I thought it would be hilarious if, later in the season, they had an R&B week or something else extremely different from country- the judges would be all concerned that a country group would struggle with such a genre change... little do they know that HF does all kinds of genres! Muahahaha.

Vocal Rush: You guys. This is a HIGH SCHOOL group, and they were amAzing at the Los Angeles A Cappella Festival. I was very happy to see they made it onto the show. Lisa Forkish has quite the program going at that school.

Calle Sol: Hey, another Puerto Rican group! (Me looking at the groups sitting in their boxes): Wait a minute- that guy looks an awful lot like Craig. Oh, it IS Craig!! Yay! My buddy from Mile High Vocal Jam! Craig is a post-TSO member of Nota, and we hung out quite a bit when I was working as the event photographer at the MHVJ that featured Nota.

Ten: These guys are music industry veterans, but brand new to a cappella. We'll see.

Street Corner Renaissance: How can you not love these guys? Such characters, and such a legacy.
Voxel Rox (Sop) '11-'13
kristineslipson

Postby ceegers » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Hmm, no discussion? Really?
I just started and finished watching the whole season this past week. Great to see the show back! Also great to see a reality show that fairly consistently goes the way it Should go in terms of judging and such. I thought some of the sing-off battles were really great, so that was a cool addition.
In regards to that finale, a couple thoughts... did they auto-tune Shawn a bit much, or did my brain just make that up? Also, what is the deal with these guest artists they keep getting who apparently can't put down their guitars... luckily it wasn't super audible compared to everything else, but that makes it all the more pointless that it was even there. Actually, really, he seemed superfluous altogether. It was like Pat, the sing-off-ers, and some random guy who looks like he's contributing in some way... Yes, I realize they probably came as a duo or neither. Just saying for the sake of discussion! :P

P.S. I miss the sort of inside info that we got from some of you people during seasons 1 and 2 :( I want to feel like I know more than people who aren't involved with this forum...

C.J. Smith Hempfield HS R# founder/director 03-05 U. of Hartford Hawkapella 05-09 Currently doing many musical things that do not include a cappella groups :-( :-(

ceegers

Postby camila » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank You! But, for the first year, I need the costs to be close to zero. This means no going to the UK or anything. I will be splitting up the workload, and I know it
Will be a lot of work. But performance wise, as my school will be suspicious of the group potentially failing, I can't rent out a theatre or something. Our school has a divider into the music room, which occasionally acts as a small stage. The only problem is that the students who use it, never have mikes and as a result can barely be heard. Thus not very good publicity. Any suggestions?
camila
camila

Postby punepackers » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:57 am

Packers and Movers Pune The most unwieldy undertaking is to packers and movers to another spot, be it your habitation or working environment. Be that as it may, with based packers and movers, you don't have to stress a solitary piece. http://moverspackersonline.com
http://moverspackersonline.com/blog/res ... solutions/
punepackers

Postby man_alfa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 am

Thanks 4 your help guys!
man_alfa

Return to General Chat