RARB Picks of 2011

Advertise a concert, a new album, auditions, etc. We'll tell you our news here too.

RARB Picks of 2011

Postby michaelmarcus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 am

I am pleased to announce the Recorded A Cappella Review Board's Picks of 2011. Interestingly this year, no single album was chosen as a Pick by more than one reviewer, though there was some overlap between Picks and Honorable Mentions. Even more interestingly, there was absolutely no overlap in the Songs of the Year.

Congratulations to all the groups selected!

You can also peruse picks from previous years.
Michael Marcus [@michaelmarcus]
    Founder & Creative Director, Uncommon
    Technical Director, RARB
michaelmarcus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RARB Picks of 2011

Postby rebecca » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 am

Congratulations Rhythm & Blue! This fall will make it 20 years since Amie Tedeschi and I put up the posters for the first-ever R&B auditions. I'm so proud of the group for hanging on and becoming such a success.

Congratulations also to Durham Academy, which I attended -- well, more than 20 years ago -- for joining the a cappella party.

-rebecca
rebecca
RARB
RARB

Postby THValum » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:37 am

Many thanks to RARB, and specifically to Adam Johnson for picking Earth as a song of the year! We are really pleased with people's response to our music, and are sordid of how far we've come. Congratulations to all the groups picked!

-- Mike Meyer
Director of Upper School Music, Durham Academy
XIV Hours and Acapocalypse director
Tar Heel Voices alum

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
THValum

Postby THValum » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Well, obviously I meant "so proud." Stupid autocorrect.

-- Mike Meyer

And thanks to Rebecca Christie for the shout-out as well! I don't know if you remember, but you were in R&B at the same time I was in Tar Heel Voices. We sang a few concerts together!
THValum

Return to zzAnnouncements