MY Review of BOCA 2005

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

MY Review of BOCA 2005

Postby GenesisPhreak » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:16 am

I finally picked up my copy of BOCA 2005 and decided that I wanted to do a simple review for each song on the CD (only the good stuff). Enjoy.

1. These Kids Arent Alright (Logs) I have said enough about this track in the past, ill leave it alone.

2. Everlong (Amalgamates) Sweet arrangement, group is excellent in general.

3. Breathe (Bostonians) Soloist is great, perfect fit for the song.

4. Somewhere North (Aires) My mouth fell open when I heard this soloist, such clear diction, and awesome style. Somebody give this man a raise.

5. Whatever You Want (Everyday People) Love this arrangement, it seems to mix Jazz, R&B, and a Pop/Gospel sound flawlessly.

6. Going Under (Off The Beat) Sounds like OTB, their sond is unmistakable these days, and thats a good thing, plus of course an awesome job by Morgan McGowen.

7. The Way You Move (Clef Hangers) I didn't think that there were really any awesome AcaRappers out there, but I was wrong.

8. A Sorta Fairytale (Random Voices) Pretty and well performed.

9. Tragic Kingdom (Octopodes) I havent heard a song that uses actual phrases a backing vocals so well in while. Very cool.

10. Push It (Shades) Wonder how its sounds live. (anyone else feel kind of dirty after listening to it , I mean the good dirty)

11. Where Would You Be (Sil Hooettes) The soloist is very strong the backing vocals are great.

12. Run (Mixed Company) Because of the diffrent rhythms in the parts, its very cool and interestign to listen to.

13. Ga' agua (Shir Appeal) As usual I have no clue whats being said, but also as usual THIS GROUP BLOWS ME AWAY!

14. Unwell (Tigeroar) Simple but elegant. Good job guys.

15. Mona Lisa (Mass Transit) Builds really well, and I love the fact that there was no VP, it was almost reminscent of the good old days in college a cappella where VP was a novelty.

16. She Will Be Loved (Out Of The Blue) Maroon 5 sung by a girl? Why not, it was damn good anyway, so who cares.

17. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Mendicants) This song is just so much fun, and the solo rocks out.

18. Time Is Running Out (Sirens) THIS IS ALL GIRLS? I LOVE IT!!!

19. Angel (Amazin Blue) Pretty, everything does what it is supposed to.

20. Hey Ya (Hullabahoos) My favorite version if this song, I loved it since the first time I heard it. Just fun.

The preceding thoughts, were only my opinions and should never be taken seriously by anyone. Seriously.
Ahren Okamoto

Ahren (Solo Rock A Cappella 2008-?)
NINE (02-03)
Off The Top (Celebrity Cruise Lines Feb-July 04)
Underground Sound(2004-2005)
2005 & 2006 CARA Nominator
2005 NCHSA Judge
GenesisPhreak

Postby GenesisPhreak » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:17 am

Hey wait WHOA! When did I break 300 posts. NICE, I met my goal and broke 300 before the summer was over, and all of them actual posts not filler. SWEET!
Ahren Okamoto

NINE (02-03)
2005 NCHSA Judge
GenesisPhreak

Re: MY Review of BOCA 2005

Postby deebee » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:23 am

GenesisPhreak wrote:I finally picked up my copy of BOCA 2005 and decided that I wanted to do a simple review for each song on the CD (only the good stuff). Enjoy.

There already is a 7 page long forum topic where this post should go:

http://www.rarb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1091
deebee

Postby GenesisPhreak » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:47 am

im aware, but its been a while and so i decided to start a new one, one that isnt 7 pages long. relax.
Ahren Okamoto

NINE (02-03)
2005 NCHSA Judge
GenesisPhreak

Return to zzCommunity Reviews