Clemson Takenote - "now that we have your attention...&

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Clemson Takenote - "now that we have your attention...&

Postby jthelegend » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 am

haven't heard the album, but the review left me very intrigued since it scored even higher than divisi. i wanna buy a copy, but there's no order info and no clips on the website...so, how can i do that? also, have other ppl heard the album that wanna speak about it?
j. cannon
Cornell Chordials::2004-2007::
the panic room::producer-engineer::
member of the VocalSource network
jthelegend

Postby bstevens » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:38 am

The ordering info leads to the group's website: http://people.clemson.edu/~tknote/ .

It's a great album.

Benjamin Stevens

CASA Director of Education

Educational Officer for Festivals and Events

bstevens
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TakeNoteLady » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:55 pm

You can visit www.takenoteladies.com and click on "takenote store" for ordering info.. the girls are in the process of overhauling the website.. so it's extremely outdated.. but if you click on the "preorder" link in the store.. it will hook you up through paypal.

As a sidebar..

Im extremely proud of the album, the people that were involved in making it, and the stellar reviews... Dio, Bill and James have given us a lot of confidence, constructive feedback, and help - you really couldn't ask for a better crew to work with.

Valerie, Tekay, Jonathan: Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback - we're just glad all the work paid off!

Now go get yourself a copy and tell me what you think cause they're ready to make the next one even better... :)

Gillian
TakeNoteLady

Postby TakeNoteLady » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:17 pm

and because Dave Sperandio is wonderful.. media clips for your pleasure..

www.diovoce.net

"Download Free TakeNote Media"
TakeNoteLady

Postby carlyonders » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:44 am

TakeNoteLady wrote:media clips for your pleasure..

www.diovoce.net

"Download Free TakeNote Media"

Dude...those pics are dayum hot....especially the [edit] extra pic.

Oh and you sound great, too :P
Last edited by carlyonders on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
carlyonders

Postby TakeNoteLady » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:33 am

Dude...those pics are dayum hot....especially the back cover.

Oh and you sound great, too :P

FYI.. that's not the back album cover.. it was an "extra" shot taken during our lil photo shoot..

and for anyone that needs photos done, I strongly suggest tapping into the talents of Mr. Michael Eldredge ( www.livingfictionmedia.com ). He's amazing at what he does.. and completely captured what we wanted for the cover of this album.
TakeNoteLady

Postby billhare » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:06 pm

Yes, very nice shots. Michael does amazing work, and he's also the one with the true incriminating shots of Gill partying - not me, as she has implied before:

TakeNoteLady wrote:(ie. girl who's afterparty-ness is captured in all of Bill Hare's photography)

http://livingfiction.smugmug.com/gallery/964852

Come to SoJam and see it for real! :-)

-B

Bill Hare Some dude who records and mixes people who can't play instruments. http://www.dyz.com

billhare

Postby carlyonders » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 am

billhare wrote:
http://livingfiction.smugmug.com/gallery/964852

Come to SoJam and see it for real! :-)

-B

Ya damn tootin'! :>)
carlyonders

Postby TakeNoteLady » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:26 am

I'd love some extra feedback on the album - so feel free to email me or post what you think.. They're gettin ready to record again, and I'd like as much imput as possible :)
Last edited by TakeNoteLady on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TakeNoteLady

um...

Postby ThunderCurl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:52 pm

I have a question. One reviewer said "all group-arranged songs" and one said "I wish more of the songs had been arranged by members of the group." What was the deal with arrangements?
Tyler Herman
Pushing Sound- DC vocal band ('09-present)
Cornell U. Last Call ('05-'09)
Rock Beats Paper vocal band- Ithaca, NY ('06-'08)
Quiet Hours- Barbershop Quartet ('08-'09)
"When Freedom is outlawed, only Outlaws will be Free."
ThunderCurl

Postby TakeNoteLady » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:25 am

"All group arranged songs" was referencing the fact that we, as an ensemble, arranged a few songs together.. ie arranger was "TakeNote"

I'll give credit to info we picked up at SoJam from the likes of the House Jacks, and Duwende about how their arrangements come about..

I loved the idea of a collaborative arranging process.. and found that when one of us came in with a "skeleton" of an arrangement so to speak.. we could ultimately come up with some really cool stuff by building off of a foundation (bass line.. overall concept etc etc)

Most of the arrangements on the album don't even have sheet music.. we just came up with them as a collective head during retreats, rehearsals etc..

Gillian
TakeNoteLady

Re: um...

Postby tekay » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:53 am

ThunderCurl wrote:I have a question. One reviewer said "all group-arranged songs" and one said "I wish more of the songs had been arranged by members of the group." What was the deal with arrangements?

I won't speak for Val and I don't have either CD to reference at the moment, but as for me...

With On the M60, of the 13 songs, only one referenced a member of TakeNote as an arranger. A member of TakeNote had a hand in the arrangement of every song on this album (regardless of the co-credit distinction) which is a huge leap for a group. I probably could have made that clearer in my review.

[color=#8040BF]http://www.rarb.org/people/thomas-king.html http://www.deltacappella.com CASA Dir. of Ambassador Program SoJam Producer & Concert Mgr Sing Producer CAL jd All Things A Cappella FOTS #1 ICCA Producer Emeritus "the

tekay
RARB
RARB

TakeNote's Fall Show!!!

Postby takenotenewbie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:17 am

So I guess this is where I should be announcing TakeNote's first ever Fall Show that will be taking place in Tillman Auditorium on Clemson's campus, October 6th at 8pm. If anyone is in the area, you should really come out, not only to see us, but our amazing guest groups: the UNC Loreleis and UGA Accidentals!! It will be an amazing show, and if y'all have yet to see us perform, you're missing out! Hope to see you there :)
Laura Saunders
Clemson University
TakeNote - Music Director
http://www.takenoteladies.com

"Realize that it's never too late to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way." -Kevin Michael Calhoun
takenotenewbie

Postby jthelegend » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:03 pm

just recently heard this album...
don't get me wrong, it's a great album and i enjoy it alot, but i think val's review might have gone a "little" overboard

If you're one of those doubters who think that women's groups can't quite achieve 'Bubs' greatness and magnitude, Now That We Have Your Attention will change your mind, if not your life.

the girls do rawk, come on val...they're not complete innovators of the genre. i do like the cd and it's definitely a good if not phenomenal listen, but the bubs comparison was a little over the top and kinda makes you hard to take seriously...
j. cannon
Cornell Chordials::2004-2007::
the panic room::producer-engineer::
member of the VocalSource network
jthelegend

Postby nosugrefneb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Valerie wrote:If you're one of those doubters who think that women's groups can't quite achieve 'Bubs' greatness and magnitude, Now That We Have Your Attention will change your mind, if not your life.

I can only picture Will Ferrell-as-James Lipton interviewing some famous TakeNote alumna in 20 years, and that's his intro to the series of questions about this album.
nosugrefneb.com
nosugrefneb

Next

Return to zzCommunity Reviews