m-pact live in singapore 11/26/06

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

m-pact live in singapore 11/26/06

Postby tat-tong » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:37 am

Man, what a show! It was my first ever m-pact concert (though I heard their live album during CARA 2005 noms, I think). What a show!

I'm sure those of you who've seen m-pact live know how tight they are, how silky smooth their blend is and how incredible Britt Quentin is with those impossibly high notes (he's basically a girl!) But I was particularly struck by their version of Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy - with dramatic lighting, a driving trip-hop beat, intricate jazz harmonies, and DJ style scratching. An awesomely creative revisioning of Tchaikovsky's piece, and one that left the audience in awe and applauding for a full minute after the end of the piece. Just fantastic! :)

Maybe those of you who've been to other m-pact concerts can chime in here - I'm interested to know what you guys thought of other shows you've been to!
Tat Tong
Producer | Engineer | Songwriter | Arranger | Publisher

T2 Productions
Managed by Universal Music (Publishing)
An award-winning member of the VocalSource network.
tat-tong

Postby bassvp » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:59 pm

I'll second all of that Tat. I've seen them 3 times and they're always terrific. Such a great balance between tight jazz and funk/pop. I'm glad you finally had the pleasure of seeing them live. Great musicians.
Seth Lofgreen
Genuine Imitation (2004-2007)
Music Director
bassvp

Postby singervp » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:28 am

Wow...thanks, Tat, for the kind words. That was an unbelievably fun night! The support for a cappella music in Singapore is pretty spectacular, and the energy we received from the (allegedly) reserved Singaporean people made it easy for us to give that energy back. Can't wait for a return visit (hopefully it won't be another 6 years!)
[b]Jeff Smith[/b]
www.jeffsmithmusic.net
www.facebook.com/jeffsmusicpage
www.m-pact.com
www.facebook.com/mpactmusic
singervp

Regard MPact & Rockapella

Postby chingmei2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 am

Ya, i too went for mpact's concert last year ! Awesome they are !

Love their really intricate jazz-pop harmony esp the Nutcracker one (really ingenius !) Well, i bought their album, thumbs up !

Rockapella was really awesome and had powerful stage presence too ! They literally rocked the hall down last year ! i managed to get their live recording in Japan and their a cappella score book. Rockapella !
cheers for Singapore a cappella music @
A Cappella S.O.U.N.D.S - http://acapellamusic.blogspot.com
chingmei2000

Return to zzCommunity Reviews