Grains of Time - "True"

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Grains of Time - "True"

Postby jamesq84 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Hey everyone,
I want to say thanks to Jevan, Valerie, and Kimmie for their reviews. I thought they all made fair points and offered criticisms that will help the next incarnation of the group move forward. And oh, just to let everyone know, the Grains of Time absolutely still exist (www.thegrains.org). Question for RARB, would there be a way to correct this error in the reviews, since the group is defintely still going strong?
Anyway, thanks again to the reviewers.

James Wallace,
Grains of Time ('04-'06")
transit
jamesq84

Postby tat-tong » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:30 am

Hmmm, as a purely aca dorky question, given that Liquid 5th has 3 mixing engineers, would it be possible to put up who mixed which tracks on this album? Or better yet, put this info in the "extra info" section of the review? Sorry if this seems weird or... majorly aca dorky... :)
Tat Tong
Producer | Engineer | Songwriter | Arranger | Publisher

T2 Productions
Managed by Universal Music (Publishing)
An award-winning member of the VocalSource network.
tat-tong

Postby jamesq84 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:15 pm

I just added that info to the Extra info page of the review.
jamesq84

Postby vocalmark » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 pm

James, in "extra info" section wrote:* Mixed at Liquid 5th Productions
* Tracks 1, 7, 11, and 12 mixed by Nick Lyons
* Tracks 2-6, 8-10 mixed by Mark Hines

Nick actually mixed tracks 1, 5 and 10, and the two of us collaborated on track 11. I did most of the mixing on the album, and it being my first album ever (for the most part), I don't think it turned out too bad (especially given my gear and environment at the time).

I tend to agree with the reviewers on most of the points brought up in the reviews, however. This review truly goes to show that this is only the opinion of three people, and their opinions may vary a bit. Valerie clearly was unimpressed with any of the efforts on the disc, while Kimmie seemed to think it was quite enjoyable. I, personally, am somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the honest feedback Val, Jevan and Kimmie. I am sure the Grains will take to heart the positives and negatives and move forward.

Mark Hines The Vocal Company - www.thevocalcompany.com SoJam, 2011 Executive Producer CASA, 2010 Board of Directors

vocalmark

Postby vkolko » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:57 am

I was in Israel as the review was being edited and published... based on my reading of the liner notes, I inferred that the group was ending its run forever. I'm glad to hear that it's not (the edits should have already been made to my review) and I hope that the newbies will learn and grow from the mentorship of their knowledgeable predecessors.

Happy New Year,
Val
Last edited by vkolko on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
vkolko
RARB
RARB

Postby carlyonders » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:28 am

Hopefully you've submiited your revised review already then?
carlyonders

Postby seth » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:31 am

A correction was posted yesterday.
seth
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jamesq84 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 am

Is everyone else seeing the corrected version? I'm not so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
jamesq84

Return to zzCommunity Reviews