[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
RARB/CASA Forums • View topic - RE: Tufts Amalgamates - Baggage Claim

RE: Tufts Amalgamates - Baggage Claim

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

RE: Tufts Amalgamates - Baggage Claim

Postby Stixnstr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 am

<content deleted>
Last edited by Stixnstr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stixnstr

Re: RE: Tufts Amalgamates - Baggage Claim

Postby lcmike » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:31 am

Last Call ('03-'07)
www.menoflastcall.com
Cornell University '07
lcmike

Re: RE: Tufts Amalgamates - Baggage Claim

Postby jthelegend » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:44 am

j. cannon
::2004-2007::
the panic room::producer-engineer::
member of the network
jthelegend

Postby carlyonders » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:28 am

carlyonders

Postby Stixnstr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

Last edited by Stixnstr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stixnstr

Postby carlyonders » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 am

carlyonders

Postby RnBMrE » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:30 am

Matt Emery Three-time Recipient of RARB "Post of the Year" Title

RnBMrE

Postby Stixnstr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Last edited by Stixnstr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stixnstr

Postby jthelegend » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:49 pm

pardon me if i sound like a jerk for this, but must you really whine and push for praise. making a cd is an art. as is the case with art; some people will love it and some people will hate it. i know how much work goes into making a cd and i know how proud of the body of work you must be; however, i really don't understand what you're looking for here.
it really just seems to me like you worked on an album, got really attached, and were personally offended when people did not jump through hoops and kiss your ass for your effort. again, not trying to be a dick, just saying...
you, my friend, were a member of one of the finest a cappella groups in the country. your group has a rich history and loads of respect for all of its achievements in the a cappella community. i don't see a reason to panhandle. if you believe in your vision, then you should just look at the criticism and say f**k it and keep doing what you believe in, because in the end that's all that matters. stay true to yourself, but don't try to blame the tides of technology for your scoring. if you truly believe that you have defined and molded the amalgamates sound...then that should be enough for you.
j. cannon
member of the network
jthelegend

Postby Stixnstr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:07 pm

<content deleted>
Last edited by Stixnstr on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stixnstr

Postby jthelegend » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:10 pm

i'm just saying...your post did not seem guided to spark discussion but seemed rather accusatory. and insult i did not...well not much. my point was: if you believe in it, then why pander to people. if the album is truly what you want it to be, then it really shouldn't matter what i or anyone else thinks should it?
j. cannon
member of the network
jthelegend

Postby mattootb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Matt,

Scroll down the page and see that your album is the highest scoring of 2007 so far on RARB. I'd imagine all of those albums have someone behind them who has spent an awful lot of time on them. I know for a fact one person has ruined their degree to produce a 3 3 3 album, and that's me. And you know what, I'm still damn proud of it, and very grateful to RARB as the comments will help us produce a better album this year.

You think you're great just as we think we're great and the XY's from Z College think they're great; none of us would get very far without that to keep us going. Not everyone is going to share that view all of the time however. The UK reviews of our albums are always so much better than our RARB ones, but that's not going to stop the group submitting in future I hope - it's all part of the learning curve :)
Out of the Blue (Oxford) 2004-2006
Last Minute (BBC TV) 2008
The Refrains (London) 2011-
mattootb

Postby Stixnstr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:06 pm

<content deleted>
Last edited by Stixnstr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stixnstr

Postby dherriges » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:05 pm

dherriges

Postby seth » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:38 pm

seth
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to zzCommunity Reviews