Sing 3: Mélange a Trois - Review

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Sing 3: Mélange a Trois - Review

Postby A.A.C.I. » Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 am

We'd like to thank the reviewers of 'Sing 3' for taking the time to write 3 well-written and valuable opinions about the CD. As usual you offer great insights to build upon, and we very much appreciate it. We're thrilled that the CD has been so well received on a worldwide stage, and we're really looking forward to where 'Sing 4' takes us, under the leadership of newly appointed Sing Coordinator Thomas King. Stay tuned for submission guidelines and a special announcement re 'Sing 4' very soon!

The reviews were all largely on the money, in our not-so-subjective opinions :) Part of the 'Sing' mission statement was quoted, but there were a couple of sentences omitted that we think are important. We'd also like to take this opportunity to definitively clarify a few points about what the 'Sing' vehicle is all about, it's raison d'etre, if you will, and we've written a blog entry about it:

Read about the 'Sing' compilation series here

One more clarification addressing Valerie's iTunes reference - while we don't have the 'Sing' series on iTunes yet, we have had them available via single MP3 sales on a-cappella.com since late 2006. If you'd like to check the CD out for yourself, you may do so here.

We'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has 'Sing 3', or any further feedback from the reviewers. Thanks again to RARB for your thoughts, and we look forward to hearing from more of you.

Carl Taylor
Alliance for A Cappella Initiatives
Marketing/PR Director
carl [at] allforacappella [dot] org
The Alliance for A Cappella Initiatives is a not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to the advancement and continuing evolution of Vocal Music as an art form and cultural phenomenon.
A.A.C.I.

Postby davecharliebrown » Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 am

I love it. I picked it up sort of on a whim, and it's one of "those albums" that I just keep turning on again in my car. I like the combination of college and pro groups together on one CD. I think a lot of people can relate to that - we like college a cappella, but we like the pro sound too. A great compilation produced by a worthy organization. Props.
--Dave Brown

now: Mouth Off host | ICCA & CARA Judge

then: CASA president, CASAcademy director, CASA Bd of Directors | BYU Vocal Point | Noteworthy co-foun
davecharliebrown

Postby magnolia » Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 pm

A great CD indeed. I think it's important for people to read why AACI put together the CD. It's not your Top 40 mix of songs you hear every day. It's quality music regardless of style, tone, or production. If its good and respectable, its a prime candidate.

While I wasn't jumping out of my chair at hearing all my favorite tunes 'accappellaized', on repeated listen the tracks are solid from beginning to end.

Much love for Sing 3.
Matthew T. Bolling
Magnolia Productions, LLC | www.magnoliaproductions.com
Founder & President, VocalBluR | Richmond, VA | www.vocalblur.com
Alumni & Past-president, Virginia Tech's Juxtaposition | www.vtjuxta.com
magnolia

Return to zzCommunity Reviews