Mosaic Whispers "Behind Bars"

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Was the Mosaic Whispers Album "Behind Bars" the best album you have ever heard?

Yes, one of the best
No votes
Yes, The Best
No votes
Yes, the only A cappella Album one should possess
20%
No comment
80%

Total votes : 5

Mosaic Whispers "Behind Bars"

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Wow, what a horrible review, I was expecting at least 4.5's across the board. Post your thoughts. Knock some sense into these RARB Reviewers. Post your thoughts.
Mosaic Whispers

Postby theblondeone » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 pm

At this point, after a few extremely negative posts from this name, I want to know who's behind the name "Mosaic Whispers," and whether or not the group is aware of what's being posted under their name on RARB. I highly doubt this person is a member. Something fishy is going on.
theblondeone

Clarify

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:06 pm

Never did I say I was a member or was in the group. I am just a fan. But Thanks for alerting the "authorities"
Mosaic Whispers

Postby theblondeone » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Why on earth would you post under the name of a group you're not a part of? Why not call yourself "MosaicWhispersFan"? This frightens me a bit.
theblondeone

?

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Why on earth would I not? I have every right to choose this name. I am not misleading anyone by saying I am a member of the group or the group itself. Take a chill pill.
Mosaic Whispers

Postby vocalmark » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:03 pm

This seems to be a meaningful conversation... ;-) Sorry to hijack your thread with worthless banter, but the anonymous posting is getting a bit out of hand.

...and the completely arrogant, worthless poll leaves me wanting the 4 seconds of my life I spent reading it back.

Mark Hines The Vocal Company - www.thevocalcompany.com SoJam, 2011 Executive Producer CASA, 2010 Board of Directors

vocalmark

Thanks

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Thanks Mark for your honest feedback greatly appreciated. Mark is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him if you know what I mean.
Mosaic Whispers

Postby vocalmark » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:18 pm

It's easy to be an ass when you hide behind anonymity.

Someone wrote:Thanks Mark for your honest feedback greatly appreciated.

It's called grammar - look into it. Or, perhaps you prefer the semicolon for emphasis; works just as well. The dash is nothing but personal preference for me.

The same 'Someone' wrote:Mark is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him if you know what I mean.

I've got to give it to you - I actually laughed at this. Well met! I am a straight shooter, yes. No denying that one...

Mark Hines The Vocal Company - www.thevocalcompany.com SoJam, 2011 Executive Producer CASA, 2010 Board of Directors

vocalmark

Mosaic Whispers Poll

Postby aglewis106 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi. My name is Aaron Lewis, and I am the now outgoing music director of Mosaic Whispers.

To the subject at hand: While this poll and "Mosaic Whispers's" choice of name are both certainly very flattering, I would would have preferred the poll ask something regarding the actual review, like, do you agree with it, or something of that sort. I will also say to Mosaic Whispers that while your chosen name is flattering, it is also somewhat misleading and may lead people to believe that you are speaking for the group as a whole, which does worry me as a member of the group. Mosaic Whispers, I won't ask you to change your name, but if you could simply be sure to include something in your signature that identifies you as a fan rather than a group member, I would appreciate it!

All that said, I would certainly love to hear/see some discussion on the RARB review from people out here...some of the songs can be heard in full on our myspace page (myspace.com/mosaicwhispers) if you want to check it out. Also, would like to point out that the soloist on Fix You, referred to in Ryan Joyce's review as Nick Pizzoferrato, is actually John Michael Rotello. As MD, I was responsible for 9 of the 12 songs on Behind Bars (the three I wasn't responsible are the 3 not mixed with Tat). When I came into my position this year, only these 3 songs were completed, and I made the decision to not re-mix them with Tat out of respect for the work of my predecessors. Plus, of the other 9, only 3 had even been started, so there was a lot to do in one semester! While this may have resulted in a weaker spot on the album, I felt it was the right choice to make.

I do have some other things to add/clarify, and will do so soon. Hope those who have heard the album enjoy it!

Best,
Aaron Lewis
Music Director 2006-2007
Mosaic Whispers
Aaron Lewis
Music Director 2006-2007
Washington University's Mosaic Whispers
www.mosaicwhispers.com
aglewis106

Gotcha

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:37 pm

You got it Aaron. I have loved what you have done with the group since your leadership. I have not missed a MW concert since 2004 and will not miss one until I graduate. Mark, this is a board, not a Honors Thesis, no need to be nit-picky on the fact I didn't use a dash or a semi-colon. The straight shooter comment is from Office Space if you didn't already notice. I would like everyones feedback on this Album. Post them!
Mosaic Whispers

Postby vocalmark » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 pm

Who knows who wrote:I would like everyones feedback on this Album. Post them!

If you want honest feedback on the album, perhaps start your thread with something a little less abrasive than "Wow, what a horrible review, I was expecting at least 4.5's across the board."

Are 4.5's even possible...???

Whoever wrote:Mark, this is a board, not a Honors Thesis

not an Honors Thesis

Even though the word begins with a consonant, the "H" in this scenario is not voiced, thus it should be preceded with "an" instead of "a". Just a minor clarification ;-)

Aaron - I apologize for the direction I am taking this thread. I'm sure you can understand the frustration when half the posts in the last few days, and the most active threads, are all fueled by anonymous posters wasting everyone's time. The Mosaic Whispers user is clearly void of any validity in my opinion, and the group would probably be better served starting a new thread for honest, well-deserved feedback.

On another note, I would be very pleased with an overall 4.0. :-D

vocalmark

Postby Nick Lyons » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Mark, sometimes anonymity is necessary. A few examples, if you will:

1) If information you reveal endangers your life.

2) To protect the reputation of people around you from possible persecution.

3) Because your opinion or information is not otherwise welcome.

4) To act with no consequences.

Obviously, we all know which reason applies here... It's clearly #1. I might have to deploy my various a cappella ninjas to collapse on the point of attack and decimate the numerous targets I have on my hit-list.

Seriously? Grow a pair. Find a new hobby.
Nick Lyons

Re: ?

Postby RnBMrE » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Mosaic Whispers wrote:Take a chill pill.

Yeah Mark, don't have a cow man. You think you're all that and a bag of chips? As if! Just talk to the hand, okay?

Matt Emery CASA Director of Communications Three-time Recipient of RARB "Post of the Year" Title

RnBMrE

Right on

Postby Mosaic Whispers » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Right On Matt, I can’t believe how Mark turned this serious intellectual debate into this debauchery. I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense.

Trying to get something of value out of your post is like trying to squeeze orange juice out of an apple. You wouldn't know Up from Down if you had three guesses. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid to read. You are the kind of person who, when one first meets you, one doesn't like you. But when one gets to know you better, one hates you. If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line.

To sum up: I'd rather pass the world's largest kidney stone than read another post from you.

Now let us continue the serious discussion of this CD.
Mosaic Whispers

Postby rebecca » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:17 am

Nick Lyons, a cappella ninja!!!!

(yes, I have been spending too much time in airports lately. I want a ninja too!)
rebecca
RARB
RARB

Next

Return to zzCommunity Reviews