[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
RARB/CASA Forums • View topic - Opinions on the Sing review?

Opinions on the Sing review?

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Opinions on the Sing review?

Postby Nick Lyons » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:58 am

Nick Lyons

Postby cjmike » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:50 am

cjmike

Postby jrhailey » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:11 pm

Josh Hailey
, '02-'05
jrhailey

Postby dmhjr69 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:36 am

Mark Hines

Liquid 5th Productions
WareHouse
AACI
dmhjr69

Interesting...

Postby Nick Lyons » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:35 am

Nick Lyons

Postby dmhjr69 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:28 am

Mark Hines

Liquid 5th Productions
WareHouse
AACI
dmhjr69

Postby billhare » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:30 am

Bill Hare Some dude who records and mixes people who can't play instruments.

billhare

Re: Interesting...

Postby billhare » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:34 am

Bill Hare Some dude who records and mixes people who can't play instruments.

billhare

Postby singyourheart » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:58 am

singyourheart

Postby Nick Lyons » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:34 pm

Nick Lyons

Postby singyourheart » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:34 pm

singyourheart

Postby Halogen1 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:20 am

Joshua Olive
Halogen
www.halogensings.com
Halogen1

Postby elocomotive » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:02 pm

I gotta agree with the crowd here, I think that the comments in the last paragraph of the Sing review were in poor taste. I've hung out with Rebecca a couple times and know her heart is in the right place, but the topic was borderline. I think Dio has been supportive and appreciative of CASA, just looking to serve some different needs and expand those served. Its not that I don't respect Rebecca's right to have an opinion on those in the forum, inside the community, outside the community, etc., but I just don't see where it belongs in a review of an artwork unless there was a track entitled "CASA Killa." lol.

On a related note, this type of fervor seems to kick up with amazing repetition every few months or so. And I'm just curious why the RARB editorial staff doesn't cut some of this stuff before it gets to final copy on the Web? I played writer & editor at my college newspaper, and if we thought something was borderline in taste/relevance, we cut it. The last paragraph of that review has nothing to do with giving "potential buyers and listeners some insight" about the album.

My opinions can all be summed up in the topic "10 Things I Hate About Reev(You)."
elocomotive

Postby jsdiamant » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:15 am

I'll let the editing staff speak for themselves, but I have worked extensively as a newspaper editor, and it hardly needs to be said that every editing decision is a subjective judgment call. I, for one, had no problem with anything Rebecca wrote in that review, and I wouldn't have changed it if I were an editor.

Joshua S. Diamant RARB '02-'05

jsdiamant

Postby brianhaverkate » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:33 pm

brianhaverkate
RARB
RARB

Next

Return to zzCommunity Reviews