Buffalo Chips - "Vowel Movements"

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Postby rebecca » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:14 am

jpchip wrote:I'm sorry rebecca, was there a point to that post.

The point, for those of you who may only recently have heard of Matt Cohen, is that I think there have been some wonderful RARB reviews that take graphic design into consideration as a separate element of album production. Matt has a marvelous way of broadening his focus without losing sight of the big picture, plus he is very informed and insightful about graphic design because he is a design professional. This was a great asset to RARB, since it's not a skill many of us have.

If anyone's looking to pick up an a cappella purity test point by scouring the RARB site, I highly recommend Matt's reviews as a place to start.
rebecca
RARB
RARB

Postby GenesisPhreak » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:04 am

wow, this post is really angry. Im pretty sure these forums arent the place for namecalling and hatred. if everyonce could just chill and take a step back, inhale, exhale, then maybe we could be back to the friendly, happy boards that we started with.
just an observation, not directed at anyone in particular.
Ahren Okamoto

Ahren (Solo Rock A Cappella 2008-?)
NINE (02-03)
Off The Top (Celebrity Cruise Lines Feb-July 04)
Underground Sound(2004-2005)
2005 & 2006 CARA Nominator
2005 NCHSA Judge
GenesisPhreak

Postby dekesharon » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:58 pm

WareHauser wrote:Deke Sharon and Bill Hare aren't huge names in the industry just because they've done all the things they have. Though the list for each of them is long, it's the way they carry themselves that make them so popular in the industry. You don't hear them speak negatively about others, which earns them the respect that they have.

Um, are you thinking of the same Bill Hare I am? You've got to be kidding. He's a total dick.

- Deke Sharon • 800.579.9305 • http://www.dekesharon.com

dekesharon

Postby billhare » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:01 pm

This is why I have no respect for Deke.

Thanks for the kind words though, Nick. I was truly flattered (even sent your words to my Mom as a warm fuzzy!)

...But Deke and I just HAD to do that! ;-)

Bill Hare Some dude who records and mixes people who can't play instruments. http://www.dyz.com

billhare

Postby Nick Lyons » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:12 pm

If not for the smiley face I might have wondered...

Deke is hardcore with no smiley faces! REBEL!!!!

Anytime, Bill... You gain respect, not through what you do, but how you do it...

Nick
Nick Lyons

Postby jpchip » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:52 pm

jpchip wrote:I'm sorry rebecca, was there a point to that post other than announcing to the world that you're a bitch?

If you think this thread is boring, here's an idea: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME READING IT. And don't waste our time by making some inane little post comparing us to someone whom we may or may not know and indirectly saying how much better he supposedly is than us.

Bite me.

Holy freakin' crap (to quote Peter Griffin)!!

I scare myself. I think I must have bipolar or multiple personalities or something...I can't believe I wrote that, what in the world was I thinking...no more caffeine for me, ever....

I would say I'm sorry, but that doesn't begin to cut it. Um...yeah. Wow. Anyone have a bandage for my foot?
John "Johns" Sullivan

Testostertones 1999-2003
Buffalo Chips 2003-2008
UVA Acappellate Opinions 2008-2009
NYU Substantial Performance 2009-Present
jpchip

Previous

Return to zzCommunity Reviews