[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
RARB/CASA Forums • View topic - Recent review a bit overboard?

Recent review a bit overboard?

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Mr. Manos

Postby jonathansears » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:17 pm

Jonathan Sears
RARB Reviewer (2000-2004)
Certified ICCA Adjudicator
NCHSA Adjudicator
Lunatic Groove (2002 - 2005)
(1996-2000)
jonathansears
RARB
RARB

Postby TakeMeToManos » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:02 am

I think the rest of the posts by others on this issue speak quite nicely to that fact I'm not alone in my thinking. If you're "confused" as to my thinking, maybe one of them put it a better way..

As for bygones being bygones, I'm all for that... And that Mr. Manos has a nice ring to it! (Though I'm not too sure why you assume I'm a mister!).
TakeMeToManos

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:20 am

That's why we just looooove anonymous posters.

*violent rolling of the eyes*
Neil Malek
NSA Alum
Neil

Postby groundrounder » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:59 am

yey for anonymous posters! power to the people~!
groundrounder

audition numbers?

Postby groundrounder » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:00 am

how do people run auditions, and how many people tend to show up to your auditions? this is pure curiosity. oh, and someone add on yale's psycho overkill processes.
groundrounder

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:01 am

You might wanna redo that post as a new one... that seems to be what you want.
Neil Malek
NSA Alum
Neil

Postby TakeMeToManos » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:43 am

Thats why I love guys who suck up on the RARB message board, so maybe one day, they too will be RARB journalists!
TakeMeToManos

Re: audition numbers?

Postby ariel » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:49 am

CASA Board 09/10
Elegant Catastrophe Singers 2008 - 2009
Downtown Crossing 2004 - 2007
Stanford Harmonics 2001-2004
ariel

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:00 am

Neil Malek
NSA Alum
Neil

Postby eksingpuccusser » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:29 am

eksingpuccusser

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:56 am

Neil Malek
NSA Alum
Neil

Postby Mahka » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:03 pm

~Mark
Formerly of the
Looking for a group in SF?
ICCA/ICHSA Judge, Producer
CARA Nominator/Judge
And all that jazz
Mahka

Postby eksingpuccusser » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:11 pm

In the aspect that the INDIVIDUAL reviewer should not change their review based on precedence, I have to say Neil, that you are absolutely right. The problem lies in the individual reviewers power (within the couple year old three review system) to drastically (I'm sorry if I'm the only one who thinks an overall rating change of 0.5 or 0.7 is drastic) change the score of the overall review. I think something is wrong with the system. Personally, I preffered it when they had 5 reviews per CD. That way no one reviewer had an emmense amount of power. And you had more of a gurantee of an accurate reading. When you think about it...it's just like a science experiment. The more trials you do, the more likely you are to recieve a smaller percent error at the end of the experiment.
eksingpuccusser

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:15 pm

Hehe. :)

http://www.rarb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80

A discussion of this very point, complete with explanation from our magnanimous site admins.

Basically, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Neil Malek
NSA Alum
Neil

Postby eksingpuccusser » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:43 pm

thanks....that's exactly what I wanted to see. So basically RARB is understaffed by 40% or 20% if its 4 reviews per CD.
eksingpuccusser

PreviousNext

Return to zzCommunity Reviews