Dicks and Janes review

Discuss our reviews or just talk about any old album.

Re: Dicks and Janes review

Postby tekay » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:50 am

Within_Epsilon wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this comment strikes me as being wholly inappropriate:

"[Trey Harris] is now trying to break into the a cappella recording community following his relocation to Los Angeles. The mix on the album is superb; SoCal groups would do well to give him a shot"

Mostly the last sentence.

Anyway, I'm just trying to offer some critique... which is what you guys should be doing in your reviews.

If you are critiquing it, I'd like for you to point out what you thought was inappropriate about the last sentence. It truly reads to me more like "bitching," but I may be losing something in the ether translation.

Thanks.

[color=#8040BF]http://www.rarb.org/people/thomas-king.html http://www.deltacappella.com CASA Dir. of Ambassador Program SoJam Producer & Concert Mgr Sing Producer CAL jd All Things A Cappella FOTS #1 ICCA Producer Emeritus "the

tekay
RARB
RARB

Re: Dicks and Janes review

Postby borski » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:32 pm

tekay wrote:If you are critiquing it, I'd like for you to point out what you thought was inappropriate about the last sentence. It truly reads to me more like "bitching," but I may be losing something in the ether translation.

I think what Within_Epsilon is trying to say is that RARB reviews shouldn't endorse specific producers, but I disagree. It's been done before and if a mix on an album is particularly superb, RARB can and should commend the mixing engineer for it, imho.
borski

Postby streetnix04 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:50 pm

Chad,

As the author of this statement, could you please explain why you think it is inappropriate? I don't understand what you are referring to.

Thanks,
Corey
-Corey Slutsky
Voices Only Founder
Former Collegiate and Professional A cappella Performer '97-'05
www.voicesonlyacappella.com
streetnix04
RARB
RARB

Return to zzCommunity Reviews